We took a fan favorite caprese salad and flipped it inside out! We made this caprese salad with vine ripened tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, and Fresh Mozz made in one of our Mozzarella Making Classes! This Bocconcini Chopped Salad is served with a light vinaigrette and fresh basil. The addition of cucumbers gives the salad a fresh and crunchy texture and burst of bright flavor.
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tsp red onion, chopped
- Fresh Mozz, rolled into bocconcini
- fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of the chopped vegetables with the Mozz in a large bowl, setting the avocado aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together EVOO, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over the salad and refrigerate until ready to serve. Add diced avocado just before serving.