The best way to make friends at a party: bring the cheese dip. And if the party is just you wearing sweatpants watching the Super Bowl, well, you can be your own best friend.
Here’s something that is extra-friendly about Big Mozz’s cheese dip: since we’re using the real-deal fresh mozzarella you made in our Mozzarella Making Class, it’s going to be tangy, super flavorful, and nearly lactose-free. Cool! We’re also going to use low-lactose ingredients (FYI, aged cheeses like cheddar have very little lactose), so get comfy and indulge away.
- 2 cups roasted or store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1.5 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1.5 cup aged cheddar, shredded
- ¼ cup Frank’s Redhot buffalo sauce
- Fresh parsley or chives for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp butter until it foams, and add your chicken. Let it brown for 3-5 minutes, scraping crispy bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat, add the buffalo sauce, and set aside in a bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together 2 tbsp melted butter and the flour, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add in your chicken stock, whisking until you have a consistent slurry.
- Turn the heat to low and add your cheese. Fold it all together until melted— Salt & pepper to taste.
- Preheat your broiler.
- Add ½ of your cheese sauce to a lightly greased baking dish; add your middle layer of chicken, and then top with your remaining cheese sauce.
- Broil until golden brown and bubbly. Garnish with parsley or chives.
- Pour yourself a Kansas City Ice Water and serve with chips or crispy veggies.