This gooey grilled cheese sandwich is delicious but also provides a cheese-pull that is extremely photo-worthy. For the Big Mozz version of this all-time classic, start with the best fresh mozzarella ever, made in one of our Mozzarella Making Classes. The crunchy bread and soft cheesy insides are paired perfectly with our Big Mozz Red Sauce making this recipe ideal to warm you up on a chilly afternoon.
- Fresh Mozz
- Thick bread slices (white or sourdough recommended)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup EVOO
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Place the Mozz on bread slices and cover to form sandwiches.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cream, thyme leaves, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook until the sizzling stops.
- Dip 2 of the sandwiches into the egg mixture, turning to coat, and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side. Flip over and brown the other side.
- Cut and serve immediately (with Big Mozz Red Sauce recommended).