With Easter just around the corner, what better way to celebrate than with a colorful dish of Fresh Mozz, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. It is cheesy, refreshing, festive, and you can customize it to whatever is in season! Fresh Mozz pairs so well with so many different flavors, spices, and herbs, so feel free to get creative with this one. And if you really want to kick up the brunch vibe from a 10 to an 11, check out our Virtual Mozzarella Making Classes and have a virtual brunch with your friends and family around the country.
Pro Tip: Try making a platter of different nests using a variety of herbs, spices, and marinades for a festive brunch presentation.
- Roma Tomatoes
- Mozzarella, “Bocconcini” shaped
- Spinach leaves
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Pesto, Marinades or any other colorful garnish you want to create!
- Cut your tomatoes in half vertically from stem to bottom.
- Using a teaspoon, carve out and discard the insides of the tomato.
- Add a layer of spinach leaves to start building your nest.
- Add 1 or 2 seasoned bocconcini.
- Garnish with extra virgin olive oil, as well as balsamic glaze, pesto, or your favorite colorful sauce.