These super-crispy roasted potatoes are one of the most popular sides at Chelsea Market, and they certainly qualify as a Big Mozz Classic. They have a crackly golden-brown crush on the outside, with a fluffy, perfect interior, and are bursting with aromatic flavors from lots of fresh garlic and rosemary. We’ve added some extra St. Paddy’s green, in the form of a handful of fresh parsley. Garnish with a four-leafed clover if you can find one. These rosemary roasted potatoes are even better than finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- 3 lbs yukon potatoes – peeled, cut, and quartered
- ¼ cup chopped rosemary
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- ¼ cup EVOO
- Fresh parsley, minced
- ⅔ tsp baking soda
- Lemon juice, for garnish
- Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese, for garnish
- Preheat a baking sheet in a 450℉ oven
- In a large pot boil 2 liters of water on high heat. Once the water is boiling add cubed potatoes, salt, baking soda and stir. Reduce to a simmer and cook potatoes for 8-10 minutes or until a fork meets a slight resistance when inserted into the potato.
- While the potatoes are cooking: combine EVOO, garlic, rosemary, and black pepper in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the garlic is lightly toasted. Immediately strain the oil through a fine mesh sieve into a mixing bowl. Set aside the garlic and rosemary for later.
- Drain the potatoes when they are fork-tender, and let them sit for about a minute to allow the excess moisture to evaporate. Transfer potatoes to the mixing bowl with oil. Roughly stir and toss until a mashed potato slurry coats the bottom of the bowl. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the potatoes to the pre-heated baking sheet and spread them out evenly. Cook for 20 minutes and then flip with a thin spatula. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until GBD (golden, brown, and delicious.)
- Transfer the roasted potatoes into a large bowl and toss with garlic & rosemary, parsley, and pecorino. Garnish with fresh rosemary and a lemon wedge, and serve immediately.
Do-ahead note: freeze your potato mixture after Step 4 and bake at 425F straight from frozen.
Missing our Chelsea Market Location? Click here to learn more about where you can find Big Mozz!